Join us as we continue our celebration of obscure and fun holidays with National Junk Food Day on July 21. Enjoy 5% cash back all day Wednesday on non-PIN debit card purchases made at fast food restaurants. Salty French fries, sweet shakes, and cheese melting on everything… go on. You deserve a little splurge.
You can also enjoy your debit rewards while sticking to your diet, with a few tips from our friend Tina at Carrots ‘N’ Cake:
• Drink water with your meal. If you’re going to indulge in fast food, skip the soda all together. There is nothing nutritious about soda!
• Watch portion size. I always order a small size to help reduce unneeded calories and fat. If the “small” is not that small, I will share it with my husband or take the other half home for later.
• Make careful selections. I pay attention to menu descriptions and sometimes ask employees for clarification about a particular menu item, if needed. If nutritional information is available on-site or on-line, I will check it out before I make my meal decision.
• Nix the extras. For example, if you order a burger, nix the cheese and/or “special” sauce, and eat your burger plain or with healthy toppings like lettuce, tomato, salsa, pickles, etc.
• Enjoy the splurge! And don’t feel guilty about it! Of course, moderation is key, but if I over-do-it, I just get back on track the very next day with extra healthy meals and some exercise.
However you choose to indulge, enjoy your 5% cash back! Maybe even buy lunch for a friend or co-worker. Because you’re nice like that.
This Deal is only valid on Wednesday, July 21, 2010. The amount you can earn at the 5% cash back bonus rate is limited to $500 per household annually (starting on the day your account was opened). You’re gonna make yourself sick with more than that! The total amount of cash back you can earn remains unlimited.